About the Course
Modern agile teams often look to Kanban to improve their workflow. This course focuses on the essential Kanban practices, techniques, and concepts.
People are practicing Kanban to improve the flow and quality of work. The simplicity of Kanban provides just enough structure to keep everyone aligned and focused. Kanban is easy to pragmatically apply in day-to-day work.
In this class, you will learn the principles of flow and how to use them to make processes more efficient, predictable, and effective.
After attending the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the principles of flow.
- Describe the value of Work-in-Progress (WIP) limits.
- Create a visual Kanban board to manage your work.
- Capture and interpret key metrics to find improvement opportunities.
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery.
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system.
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation.
Who Should Attend
The Applied Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. The learning outcomes are applicable at many levels: Personal Kanban, Team Kanban, and Organizational-level Kanban. Typical attendee roles include business analysts, team members, team leads, agile coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, project managers and product managers.
After taking the course, you will have an opportunity to validate that you understand core Kanban topics. We will invite you to take an online assessment that evaluates your understanding and provides you with guidance on areas to improve. This exclusive assessment is only available to class participants.